Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lifetrons photo lens system

lifetrons photo lens
 lifetrons photo lens

Last month I bought the Lifetrons photo lens system. It came in a small box and contain a small pouch that contain all lenses. I was previously excited about the Sony smartphone attachable lens series but after reading some online reviews, I dropped the idea. Lifetrons lens came by accident. I didn't intend to buy it but just happen to bum into it on a plane ride to Chiang Mai. The on board shopping catalog featured this product. I inquired about the product just to learn that there are only 2 sets on board and they are sold. 

On my return trip, even before the plane taking off. I approached the stewards to book it. With a serious look, the air steward ensure me that he will check the balance stock and make sure I get it. Minutes later the plane took off. Just when the seat belt signs is off, he looked my direction from the front of the plane. He gave a thumb up signalling that it is available. Appreciated the effort!

I know most probably nobody is reading this. Nahhhh.... just write a review.

The pouch contain 3 lens namely the wide lens, fish eye and macro lens. Inside has 2 kind of clip for different smartphone. The edge clip sits nicely on a iphone 5s. 

lifetrons photo lens
 lifetrons photo lens on iphone 5s


It is handy to bring around in my sling bag wherever I go as the pouch measured about 5 x 2 inches. The flower type clip fits the front and back of ipad too.

lifetrons photo lens on ipad
 lifetrons photo lens on ipad

The wide lens need to be attached to the macro lens in order to work. The result is the wider photo angle.

lifetrons photo lens wide angel lens
 without lifetrons photo lens

Fish eye lens is quite a turn down as we know that the spherical effect is the purpose of fish eye lens. Using the edge clip will not show the full circular picture no matter how I tried. The flower clip kind of corrected the issue but is still not perfect.

lifetrons photo lens fish eye lens
edge clip
lifetrons photo lens fish eye lens
flower clip


The macro lens is quite impressive. It mounted on the clip as normal but just unscrew the wide angel eye and there you have a macro lens on your phone.

lifetrons photo lens macro lens shot
 lifetrons photo lens macro lens shot



It is currently stated 49.00 euro on the manufacturer's website here.

After computation it come to about $80+ SGD. I bought it for $69 SGD on 18,000 ft above who knows where. Hurray Tigerair!

No comments:

Post a Comment