Monday, December 8, 2014

Singapore Mookata fever

Recently there is a trend of eating Mookata in Singapore. Mookata is a traditional Thai cuisine which one can find it almost every corner in Thailand. "Moo" means Pig and "kata" means Pan. Why is it called pig on the pan? It is because the traditional Mookata uses pork fats cube on the barbecue side of the pan. In Singapore, most uses butter or vege oil.

Mookata is a eat all you can buffet. What disturb me is that in Singapore, Mookata is typically around $26 per person with a time limit of 90 mins. A typical Singapore Mookata can be found here. I guess it is more like a trendy thing.

Now let's see what Mookata I eat in Chiang Mai.

mookata 1
 mookata 2
It doesn't have the posh feel and it is non air-conditioned. The food seem clean and fresh to me but I'm the kind of people that can sit on a roadside in Vietnam eating noodles. So our concept of clean food might be a bit different. 


The meal is served the same way just that instead of using butter or vege oil to grease the bbq pan, they uses pork fats. Really cubes of fresh concentrated pork fats. Now you might think that you preferred the Singapore butter but that's because you have not try it yet. Health might be a concern over here but what I feel is that if health is really a concern, you should not be eating Mookata in the first place. You see, using the pork fats makes the smell so aromatic! The barbecued food are much tastier. God, I'm not lying! You have to try it. (I caught myself swallowing saliva now).

mookata 5
 mookata 6


Moreover in Chiang Mai I don't have to keep track on my watch because there is no time limit. Eat all you wish, as long as you wanted. The best of the best part, I ONLY PAY 165 BAHT! Yes, only $6.50 SGD. What have the rental price did to Singapore?

Read more here: http://a.northernthailand.com/chiangmai-restaurants/moo-kata.html






No comments:

Post a Comment